Hosted by Nancy Mulemwa Siisii
Concrete Pastures is a weekly podcast hosted by Nancy Mulemwa Siisii.
Concrete Pastures podcast shares challenges and success about everything from entertainment + cultural differences to overcoming language barriers and navigating the lottery system to secure gainful employment.
Host Nancy Mulemwa Siisii’s goal as a dreamer is to save you time so that you can live a happier life with confidence that you are not alone leaving the country you were born into in search of a new home with us, as your guide to finding your own concrete pastures.
Listen. Subscribe. Connect.Host Bio | 12 Episodes
- The saying there is no place like home rings true for many immigrants. Nearly all of us in the diaspora want to one day settle back in our home countries. But ,when that time comes, what would your professional livelihood look like? Are you currently working towards your goal of settling back home? Are you[...]
- For immigrants sometimes things don’t go as planned. Francis hoped to reunite with his children three months after arriving in Orlando Florida. We sit down to unpack his Immigration journey, with nothing off limits, we discuss everything from: Weather adjustment His first job Separation from his children 9/11 changes Parenting Discrimination Support system for fellow[...]
- Whether your country is at war or not, War is something that affects all of us. War destroys infrastructures, communities and most importantly families. At 7 years old Lydia was forced to leave her home country Angola to live with family members in Zambia. Lydia shares her journey while in Zambia, -She talks about feeling[...]
- We all have different stories that create the DNA of why we choose to leave our countries. Muma shares her journey from Zambia to her birth place the United Kingdom. She then dares to dream and the sky is only the view for this Queen. Muma is an award-winning creative-alchemist. Her background is banking, financial-tech,[...]
- Mr Chali has had his fair share of challenges and triumphs which we talk about in all three episodes. Being an immigrate has exposed him to so much- resources, knowledge and finance -his looking forward to giving back to his country in his own way. His current mission is to transforming Zambia and helping fellow[...]
- Hello Dreamers and fellow Immigrants! Welcome to Concrete Pastures where I'll be sharing my journey as a Zambian who immigrated to NYC. My goal is to inspire and give insight on the life of an immigrant through my story and others. Facebook- Concrete Pastures Follow@concrete_pastures www.concretepastures.com